Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (part of the Brewster Pratap Group) are working with a Sheffield manufacturing business as they look to recruit a Project Engineer.
For this role in the Commissioning team, you will be responsible for the coordination of the delivery, installation and commissioning of specialist hydrogen generation, storage and dispensing technology across the UK and Europe. You will be liaising with the production, process, and engineering teams as well as dealing with specialist contractors and suppliers. You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Commissioning.
Deployment projects will include site visits to act as site manager whilst the installation and commissioning phase of the project is underway. Typically, you will be expected to be on site for up to 4 weeks at a time, but this varies from project to project and longer periods away are a possibility. There will be times when this is outside of the UK. Certain urgencies arrive where the candidate may also have to travel to site at short notice to support ongoing work or to diagnose issues.
Whilst on site, the successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
- Coordinating sub-contractors and suppliers
- Installation, commissioning and testing
- Oversee the integration of control and safety systems
- Interacting with customers
- Ensuring site safety is being adhered to
- Degree qualified Engineer (preferably Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core engineering skills
- 3-5 years' experience working as a project engineer or similar
- Familiarity with the installation and commissioning of process plant or industrial equipment
- Working knowledge of technical documents and drawings including P&IDs, electrical diagrams and control logic flow diagrams
- Experience in the generation of method statements and risk assessments as well as familiarity with permit to work schemes
- Good organisational and reporting skills
- Practical, analytical and logical problem solving skills
- A team player that is good with people
- Competitive basic salary
- 24 days Holiday (plus stats)
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.