Operations Controller / Banking Operations - Trade Finance
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Operations Controller
Location: London (EC2)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Responsible to the Company's Country Head for the adequacy, effectiveness and resilience of local controls, systems, business oversight & risk management for; a) Operations (Trade Finance, Payments / Remittances, Account Services, Treasury Operations & Customer Services) ensuring the branch meets its UK regulatory responsibilities including its first Line of Defence (LOD) obligations; and b) the same for other designated Company branch activities as required.
Key Results Areas
- Internal Control - Responsible locally for development, maintenance & resilience of branch internal control programs & processes (including record keeping) for a) Operations - payments/remittances, trade finance, account services, treasury transactions, client servicing & complaints handling; & b) other branch functions as required, to ensure their overall adequacy & effectiveness from an internal control & external UK regulatory & compliance perspective
- Monitoring - Ensure Operations, and other branch activities are regularly reviewed in accordance with internal controls including SOPs, SLAs etc. and are in compliance with current (and anticipated) external UK regulations, guidelines and expectations
- Assurance - Undertake local periodic assessments to test the overall effectiveness of Operations / branch processes in order to meet UK regulatory requirements, and to undertake gap analysis as necessary to ensure controls are sufficient & enhanced as appropriate
- Business Review - Conduct regular business reviews on a sample basis of Operations' business including payments/ remittances, trade finance transactions, treasury deals, client activity / service & reconciliations etc. in order to ensure policies and procedures are complied with and that the Company locally is meeting its UK regulatory & Compliance requirements - including local first LOD duties - with the results presented regularly to branch management/London MANCO
- Efficacy & Efficiency - Recommend & implement new local Operations control activities policies & processes, including MI, in order to a) enhance local framework, reducing weaknesses as required, & to be agreed with local/HO management; and b) with a view to streamlining processes & making them more cost effective whilst not compromising local controls, systems & compliance obligations
- Early Warning & Escalation - Support in providing the Company management with early warning signals, e.g. processing errors, potential deterioration in controls that may result in operating losses or reduced customer service and also working with HO Operations in relation to the same
- Risk monitoring - Monitor Operations MI & exceptions/risk register & other branch reports and provide support to department heads on RCSA to ensure Company remains regulatory compliant. This includes the timely & accurate testing with records kept of exceptions / deviations of the same & ensuring timely closure & regularisation of items with escalation to MBUK's management / HO as appropriate
- Risk Management and Governance - Provide support in the general development, maintenance and ongoing resilience of the branch's general risk management framework including risk appetite systems & controls
- Internal Security - Maintain and review Operations' internal security including control over cash, customer record etc.
- Reporting oversight - Act as co-ordination point for Operations (& with HO) for day-to-day oversight, reporting & escalation, for example; KYC / T24 Operations oversight, SLA MI monitoring, internal audit (liaison / closure of issues), branch executive summary & exception reporting,
- Training & awareness - Support in branch training and staff skills development / awareness to build a robust control and conduct culture to support in mitigating risk and to minimise potential losses from financial crime, including transaction fraud, staff negligence and errors etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experienced banker with diversified experience in banking operations covering a core range of wholesale banking products (Trade Finance, Remittances/Payments, Accounts, Treasury)
- Sound control, systems and risk management experience and discipline/ attention to detail with good knowledge and oversight in the first LOD, including on the key areas of financial crime risks (AML/CFT. KYC, fraud, bribery & corruption)
- Good working knowledge of process design and bank's policies, procedures and operating systems with appreciation of external regulatory environment to support delivery of a local pragmatic risk-based approach
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Ops Control, Operations Controller, Financial Services Controller, Internal Controller, Operations Manager, Senior Branch Manager, Treasury Manager, Finance Analyst, Corporate Banking Operations, Banking Operations, Bank Manager, Experienced Banker may also be considered for this role.