Senior Structural Engineer - Cambridge
3 days left
- Full Time
Millar Cameron is a Recruitment Consultancy placing creative minds into Architecture & Engineering opportunities across Europe. Based in Cambridge, UK our client is an award-winning company, respected by their peers and renowned for their speciality focus of Structural and Civil Engineering locally and internationally.
We are delighted to announce they are looking at hiring a Senior Structural Engineer to assist the Associate in running the Cambridge office, whilst managing and delivering their own projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with clients, and other professional staff across the business groups and externally;
- Leading in the management of projects from feasibility to delivery;
- Providing fee control, technical direction and effective management of design teams;
- Provide guidance on complex technical issues to ensure projects are delivered within budget and on time;
- Ensuring high quality delivery in design through QA checks;
- Attending site and project meetings as required;
- Develop good client, contractor and supplier relationships;
- The ability to plan, organise, and manage projects with minimal direction;
- Assist in the development/mentoring of junior team members to reach their full potential.
As the new Senior Structural Engineer, you will have:
- Minimum of six years’ post-graduation experience through to chartered (IStructE) with design experience in Residential and commercial sectors
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong analytical skills and significant experience in the design, checking and assessment of the projects, with problem solving ability;
- Ability to manage time and resources working on multiple concurrent projects work independently and attend client/project meetings;
- Ability to face clients and develop new business.
Why should you apply?
- Fantastic career progression - The successful Senior Structural Engineer will be aspired to continue growing. The company promotes their own people and recently promoted into Director level.
- An excellent remuneration package that demonstrates the company’s belief to invest in their people.
This is a desirable role and a great opportunity for a professional who delivers their best results with minimal supervision.