Assistant Management Accountant (12 Month FTC)
6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Management Accountant (1 year fixed term contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a good team player to join the Bank during an exciting period of growth. We are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to work within our Finance team in London and this role will report to Financial Controller.
About the role
The main purpose of the role will be the accurate and timely production of all management reports, with a particular focus on ensuring that the Bank’s books of account are representative of transactions carried out in the bank’s day to day business activities
This role will be responsible to produce reports and monthly management information pack (financial statements and management profitability reports) with adequate supporting variance analysis, within the specified time frame including adequate time for all necessary reviews including the financial controller and senior executives. The key responsibilities include:
- Reconciliation of reports to the General Ledger in the given deadlines
- Preparation of monthly General Ledger Proofs
- Preparation, monitoring and control of the annual expense and revenue budget
- Assisting with the preparation of Quarterly board papers
Weekly Review of bank reconciliation
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements
- Preparation of Daily Income statement, Balance sheet and income pipeline projections
- Provision of input for P11D returns
- Preparation of CT61 and VAT returns
- Maintenances on the core banking application
- Periodic peer / market review.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of data provided
- To be proactive in anticipating changes in the economic environment and to assess the impact on the business
- Overseeing accounts payable activities
We are looking for a part qualified ACCA accountant with:
- Detailed understanding of the accounts payable process, reconciliation and financial reporting as well as competence in the use of Sage 50 application.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to be flexible and adapt work schedule to changing business demands
- Demonstrate and apply a working knowledge of risk management concepts and techniques to identify potential business risk areas.
- Good attention to detail, adaptability, and willingness to learn.
- Meticulous and Good team player and able to work on own initiative.