3 days left
- Full Time
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £101 billion as at 30 September.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
The purpose of this role is to provide advice and oversight to the 1st line business leadership teams in their active management of regulatory and conduct risks within the overall Group Risk management framework and track the effective mitigation of those risks.
* Provide effective 2nd line oversight and assessment of regulatory and conduct risks, aligned to the Compliance Advisory Framework
* Add value to the first line business areas through the delivery of insights, practical guidance and training on regulatory matters
* Provide guidance and challenge to business projects dealing with business and regulatory change so that such projects deliver compliant solutions.
* Review significant breaches reported by business areas, to assess if the business is properly dealing with all regulatory consequences
* Provide input into reports made by the Head of Compliance
Key Skills required:
* Experience of working within a compliance/assurance role
* Experience within the Financial Services industry is essential, with knowledge of the Life & Pensions industry being advantageous
* Good working knowledge of the FCA handbook and designated regulations
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal