Assistant Credit Controller - Independent Creative Agency
7 days left
- Full Time
We are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Credit Controller to join an independent creative agency based in the heart of central London.
Reporting into the Financial controller, this role is an excellent opportunity to become part of a busy finance team of 10 and commercial finance team.
Dealing with cash collection, query resolution and working closely with the Financial Controller and commercial finance team to identify issues promptly for all subsidiaries in the EMEA group as well as assisting the accounts payable team.
The agency is fast paced and dynamic, they are looking for big thinkers with their eyes on candidates who can excel and grow this role.
- Cash collection via a variety of means including telephone, email and client meetings;
- Full maintenance and reconciliation of the sales ledger;
- Credit checking and setting up of new accounts;
- Liaising with internal business teams on invoice queries
- Providing debtor reports to management and preparing weekly cashflow forecast
- Sending out monthly statements;
- Reviewing invoices for correct VAT treatment;
- Managing the bad debtors list, highlighting any potential problematic accounts and actioning appropriately;
- Attending internal meetings to discuss accounts with the appropriate business heads;
- Other ad-hoc duties relating to job billings, daily banking, monthly revenue reconciliation and cover for accounts payable
The ideal candidate for this role will need to have excellent communication skills and will need to develop relationships with clients and colleagues. You will need excellent attention to detail and be well organised.
- Ideally you will have at least 12 months previous experience of credit control, ideally gained within a media or creative industry;
- Previous exposure to Maconomy is desirable;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong at building effective working relationships;
- Target and deadline orientated;
- Professional but down to earth outlook and attitude;
- Excellent telephone manner.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.