Digital Marketing Executive
We are seeking a talented Digital Marketing Executive to join our clients new team to help them create and deliver a robust digital strategy to increase their online visibility. As digital exec you will be responsible for leading their digital marketing efforts utilising multiple methods to reach their potential student customer base. With the support of the sales and marketing team you will create new campaigns and manage their day to day performance, analyse the results, identify new opportunities and seek to improve campaign performance. Additionally, you will build the company’s online presence through use of online tools such as social media, PPC and SEO.
- Manage and maintain all online activity through internal and 3rd party websites, carefully evaluating and updating our content to drive improved lead generation.
- Track conversion of online traffic through the use of analytics. Ensure analytics data is tracked on all pages of our website and booking system and report on this internally and to clients. Suggesting areas for improvement.
- Day to day accountability for paid search budget and performance, working with the local property teams to drive keywords.
- To provide daily and weekly reporting with the ability to turn data into valuable actionable insight that improves our overall marketing strategy.
- Use initiative in suggestion workable online campaigns or marketing actions that drive performance at our properties.
- Create tactical and strategic digital action plans, explore new ways in which we can market digitally via social media, purchasing data and e-campaigns. Review and evaluate existing online marketing routes.
- Working with the Marketing team on specific SEO campaigns to improve rankings, financial performance and test new advancements.
- Write and deliver engaging and effective online content, with USP’s and competitor detail in mind. Provide creative input for all campaign requirements.
- Work with all 3rd party agencies to develop better working solutions and drive down costs.
- Drive leads/sales through continued campaign optimisation
- Maintain a commercial awareness and understand the market place
- Develop and proactively undertake projects to showcase the brand and its assets such as display marketing campaigns, remarketing and retargeting
- To ensure deadlines are met and budgets managed efficiently ensuring value for money.
- To ensure the website is prominent in all relevant search engines and ranked on page one, progress reports on SEO need to be provided.
- To monitor and research our social media activity and our competitors and work with student properties to ensure we are delivering engaging material.
- To keep abreast of current trends in the student accommodation market and relevant competitors then upgrade or enhance the website content appropriately. Always suggest improvements.
- Maximise profitability across the student portfolio by developing strategies to achieve KPI targets
- Support the sales and marketing department by supporting with campaigns
- Comply with Health and Safety working practice in accordance with the company’s policy
- To be flexible and work effectively with other colleagues
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties may be requested from time to time
- Must have very strong written English skills for content writing
- Proven track record within Digital / Online Marketing
- Experience with web, social media and email marketing campaigns
- Experience of using analytical tools such as Google analytics
- Experience of managing PPC campaigns
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Project Management and delivery
- Good presentation skills in power point or other
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to present to stakeholders when required
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to achieve goals and targets within timescales
- Must be performance driven
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance; confidence in taking the initiative and making decisions
- A real sense of ownership for the property
- Delivering high standards
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances
- Demonstrate a positive 'can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in marketing or related subject
- At least 2 years digital marketing experience with a proven track record
- Extensive experience using Google analytics
- Experience of using website content management system
- Advanced Understanding of social media
- Understanding of web technologies including (HTML desirable)
- Experience of consulting and meeting with customers
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle for business purposes
- Experience of marketing in the student sector
- Experience of budgetary management and working to financial regulations
- Experience in Project Planning