Job Title Event Manager
Reporting to Head of Events
Hours 35 hours per week
Salary £28,000 to £34,000 depending on experience
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity.
We exist to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The organisation benefits hugely from the support of our members, regional committees, sports governing bodies, corporate partners, volunteers, supporters and fundraisers
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that provides opportunities to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The Lord’s Taverners has always been synonymous with high quality, professionally managed events - primarily lunches and dinners built around leading individuals from the sports and entertainment world. These events are designed to engage Members and supporters, to appeal to the broader corporate community, and are a mixture of fundraisers and more Member focussed get-togethers.
As the Event Manager you would be responsible for:
- Managing major events, including overseeing the event planning, execution, completion, and post-event follow up and analysis
- Preparing the individual event budgets for the year and manage the event returns,
- Sourcing and then negotiating with key suppliers including venues, speakers, agents, production companies, and caterers
- Liaising with sponsors to ensure that packages are fulfilled.
- Overseeing ticket administration including: order processing, invoicing, credit control.
- Script-writing for event hosts.
- Speakers (briefings, requirements for travel and accommodation).
- Overseeing the production of marketing collateral for events. Working closely with the Marketing Communications team to produce flyers, backdrops, PowerPoints, booking forms, tickets, menu cards and table plans. Ensuring proofing and print deadlines are maintained and met. Overseeing the production of clips and visual aids.
- Running the events on the day including set up, delivery and break down, including liaison with all suppliers as appropriate
- Briefing staff members and suppliers/contractors involved in the event.
- Overseeing administration of fundraising for the event including auction, silent auction and raffle prizes. Ensuring post event prize fulfillment and follow up prize thank you letters.
As a Senior Member of the team you would be expected to
- Create and discuss fundraising concepts for events.
- Help structure the event calendar, including planning dates, venues, speakers and guests with relevant committees and reporting lines.
- Co-coordinate the work of the Events Team as a whole, managing the Events Executive and Events Assistants.
- Oversee the Events area of the website is up to date.
- Lead the events working groups, produce minutes where needed.
- Identify and develop systems to improve event performance and appeal to new audiences (both within and outside of our membership) including the implementation of an on-line booking system.
- Liaise with the celebrity coordinator regarding speakers and celebrity attendees
- Liaise with the corporate fundraising team to negotiate packages for potential corporate sponsorships.
- Liaise with the charitable programmes team to ensure correct giving messages and stats are promoted at events. Working together to showcase what we do.
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure that the correct branding messages are represented at the event and any PR obligations are fulfilled.
We are looking for successful candidates to be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience of working with volunteers or stakeholders;
- Be results driven;
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office, experience with SAP Business One and InDesign preferred but not essential;
- Be a self-starter;
- Knowledge of the third sector and sporting landscapes is helpful, but experience and acumen are also valued;
- Prepared to manage multiple projects concurrently and 'muck in’ at charitable presentations and other activities when required, often outside of contracted working hours
- Previous events experience essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age