7 days left
- Full Time
I am now working exclusively with a large manufacturing company based in South Yorkshire who due to expansion and company investment are now looking to recruit a high calibre, Maintenance Supervisor to analyse plant and equipment failures and recommend modifications and improvements.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client have invested heavily in new machinery and site improvements over the past 18 months and still have future capex projects planned. The business has also recently gone through a large expansion project which has led to this specific position becoming available. as the Maintenance Supervisor you will co-ordinate and organise the Maintenance team including Lean improvements.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire the Maintenance Supervisor you will play a pivotal role in developing and improving the current maintenance team and will concentrate on driving lean improvements across the department. You will also be responsible for coordinating and organising the Maintenance team including analysing plant and equipment failures and recommending modifications. Ideally to apply for this position you will have a background of managing and improving maintenance teams, with a hand on ability when required.
Other Duties Include:
- Co-ordinate and organise the Maintenance team to carry out planned and reactive maintenance activities to minimise downtime.
- Effectively manage the Maintenance team in terms of performance and conduct, leading by example and setting out clear standards and expectations.
- Be responsible for the technical capability of the Maintenance team, organising adequate training and development and maintaining training records.
- Analyse plant and equipment failures and recommend modifications to minimise chance of recurrence. Full utilisation of the computerised maintenance management system.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety programme for the Maintenance department, ensuring compliance to legislation, adherence to engineering best practice and application of common sense.
- Ensure that the Maintenance team positively drive Lean Manufacturing standards by keeping work areas clean and tidy during and following any repairs or planned maintenance.
This position will be on a days position and will come with strong progression opportunities into a more senior management position.
To apply for this position of Maintenance Supervisor based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire you will have a strong background in Manufacturing or Engineering.
Other requirements include:
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a relevant mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of a wide range of production equipment.
- A good working knowledge of health & safety in a production environment.
- Proven ability to supervise and lead teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high standard of personal motivation and initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of a busy manufacturing environment.
This position will be on a days shift pattern and will come with a salary of £35,000-£45,000.