Payroll Team Leader
As the Payroll Team Leader you will be responsible for the delivery of Payroll services, providing extensive support to the team, coaching and developing when required, also ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times in the Milton Keynes offices. The role holder will manage and develop a team of Administrators and Specialists, being the point of contact for enquiries, escalating, delegating and resolving when necessary.
Banking market leader based in the heart of Milton Keynes, top 100 best employers to work for the in country and a FTSE 100 business.
Payroll Team Leader responsibilities:
- Coaching, developing, up-skilling the team, providing solutions following team queries.
- Managing enquiries and escalations in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Prioritising and planning tasks to meet deadlines, ensuring department service standards and SLA's are met.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships across the business, including key stakeholders.
- Representing Payroll in internal meetings, contributing specialist advice and expertise.
- Ensuring all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements are adhered, keeping up to date with changes and ensuring data protection and risk requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring all mandatory training is completed within the team.
- Supporting with audits and supervising external audits as and when required in conjunction with the Payroll Manager.
Payroll Team Leader profile:
- Payroll experience would be advantageous not essential
- Ability to deal with complex escalations, who can also think outside the box and resolve problems using your own initiative.
- A strong understanding of risk is essential.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and people management skills to join the team and hit the ground running; who also demonstrates a positive 'can do' approach.
- Strong communication skills and a confident individual to flag any uncertainty to the Payroll Manager.
Can offer market leading salaries plus:
- 27 days Holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell 5
- Product discounts
- Retail and High Street discounts
- Sharesave Scheme
- Flex benefits including childcare vouchers