Audit & Accounts Senior - Leading Independent Firm
Audit & Accounts Senior
Audit & Accounts
Purpose of Role and Primary Objectives
- To provide support to the management of the Audit & Accounts services provided by the firm;
- To take specific responsibility for individual tasks and assignments, ensuring their effective and timely delivery and that the quality of service meets the firm’s aims.
- You will report to Directors, Associates and Managers;
- You will report to clients when required and when directed by Directors, Associates and Managers.
Aims and Values
All members of the firm are responsible individually and collectively for delivering an excellent client experience through our services. This includes:
- Going the 'extra mile’ to assist clients;
- Treating every client as unique;
- Friendly and approachable style;
- Being inspirational and energetic;
- Professional and ethical conduct;
- Knowledge sharing and pro-active approach to team development;
- Focusing on business benefits and lasting change;
- Being practical;
- Being involved but remaining objective.
- Support and promote the aims and values of the firm;
- Support relevant change management processes within the Audit & Accounts department;
- Ensure adequate systems and controls are in place for key service lines;
- Represent and promote the firm at firm events, networking and professional referral events;
- Regularly reviewing clients’ affairs to seek additional selling opportunities.
- Work as an effective team member to complete assignments on time and on budget;
- Planning and completion of assignments;
- Delegate work to and supervise junior team members;
- Support and develop junior team members when required;
- Draft letters for the assignment manager on all manner of client matters;
- Knowledge of clients’ businesses;
- Communicate with clients while on site during an assignment;
- Communicate with clients by telephone/email as required by the assignment, or when taking messages for other team members;
- Develop and strengthen relationships at all levels;
- Communicate with your fellow team members and possible third parties (such as solicitors and banks);
- Complete timely assignment appraisal forms for assignments undertaken.
Key Performance Indicators
- Personal chargeable hours target;
- Department team chargeable hours target;
- Lead generation;
- Department client retention;
- Other project targets (as agreed in appraisals).
Qualifications / Skills and Experience
- AAT, ACCA or ACA qualified;
- Up-to-date and appropriate knowledge and skills in your technical field to enable you to fulfil the purpose of your role;
- Computer skills appropriate to your role;
- Verbal and written communication skills appropriate to your role.
Key Skills and Attributes
All Team Members are expected to demonstrate a consistent and comprehensive application of the following behaviours:
Personal Effectiveness - Working in an organised, effective and influential manner in order to achieve the required results within acceptable timescales
Commercial Awareness - Focussing on current and likely benefits to the business in all aspects of work, achieving outcomes in a cost-effective manner
Client Focus - Ensuring that every effort is made to consistently provide a standard of service to meet and where possible exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers
Change and Innovation - Seeking and persuading others about opportunities for change and reacting to change suggested by others in a helpful and supportive manner
Teamwork - Working together effectively with others to achieve more than could feasibly be achieved individually
Managing and Developing Others - Providing management and support for employees from recruitment onwards so that each and every person is motivated to contribute to their full potential and is meeting or working towards the required standards of performance
Communication - Making the effort to communicate with others in an appropriate, thoughtful and timely manner
Professional and Technical - Possessing and putting to good use all the technical and specialist skills required to carry out the role effectively
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers