Qualified Accountant (Part-Time)
3 days left
- Part Time
Our client, a large complex organisation operating within a number of niche industry are currently looking for a qualified accountant to undertake a challenging but interesting role within the organisation.
The role will be part-time for 21 hours per week.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver the existing supplier audit programme. From supporting the initial supplier due diligence process to carrying out and reporting on audit findings the aim is to identify and reduce supplier risk.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Work with the TP Review Group agree and deliver the supplier audit programme, focusing on financial risk and control, ensuring fit for purpose in the timely identification and management of supplier risks.
This to include:
- Development of a risk profiling/prioritisation schedule for company suppliers to enable efficient allocation of resources.
- Maintaining and enhancing the schedule of suppliers to enable up to date oversight of the programme (includes regular credit checking, review of statutory accounts and recording of basic financial and audit outcomes)
- Support of the Financial Due Diligence process in relation to prospective suppliers.
- Delivering supplier audits to include:
- Building links with suppliers to create a constructive on-going audit relationship.
- Gaining an understanding of the suppliers’ activities, the interactions/relationship the levels of risk involved and the identification of any key processes/documents to test.
- Where required carrying out testing to verify accuracy and controls (Walk through testing, IT/authorisation controls, substantive testing of specific transactions and reconciliation of respective AP/AR balances).
- This to include, where relevant, utilising large data sets to isolate inconsistencies and errors
- Summary document of the above activities with key findings and any recommendations.
- Creation of a suite of template documents for supplier audit along with documentation of base auditing procedures. This to be kept up to date as required.
- Overall, working with the finance department to deliver the supplier audit programme and developing a relationship with operational management to dovetail financial audits with operational audits via involvement with the review group.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Experience of internal/external audit to audit senior level
- Ability to introduce structure and processes where required.
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills.
- Experience of building excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Qualified Accountant (Part-Time) - Kent - Accountancy and Finance