An international charity based in London have the opportunity for a experienced Financial Controller join their Leadership Team. You will act as the Deputy to the Executive Director of Finance and Resources and manage the finance team to deliver an outstanding level of service to both client facing and corporate teams.
- Proactively manage and supervise the finance team to ensure provision of comprehensive financial services to the charity.
- Lead the timely closure of accounts and perform regular reconciliations.
- Prepare accounts for the subsidiary companies and the returns
- Provide regular and timely financial reports to the Executive, Finance and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and the Council.
- Ensure the timely provision of management information for the Executive and Operational Management Information Dashboards
- Support the Head of Business Development with costing and modelling of service development initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Finance and Resources in preparing an annual budget for the charity and ad hoc financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the law and regulatory bodies on all financial matters including supporting the preparation of statutory returns
- Lead on the year-end audit and production of statutory accounts and other returns including production of the financial element of the Annual Report
- Represent the company with HM Revenue & Customs and auditors as required
- Take a lead on financial systems development
- Improve the quality of financial reporting for budget holders
- Manage the delivery of annual internal audit programme
- Manage key internal controls
If you are interested in the position and have the relevant experience ideally within a charity please apply.