Finance Manager - plus Bonus and Car
5 days left
- Full Time
The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 2 years. Achieved by both the acquisition of Vets4Pets and organic growth, the number of vet practices to date is 450 with forecast growth to 700 in the mid term. We are the largest vet group in the UK based in state of the art offices next to the Steam Museum in Swindon.
Due to promotion we are looking for a Finance Manager to lead the East Region.
The Regional Partnership Accounting Lead will be responsible for a team including three Partnership Accounts Assistants and responsible for the following key tasks.
- Manage a team of accountants to deliver regional accounting requirements in line with SLA
- Work in partnership with other regional leads ensuring appropriate control framework is operating within and across the regional accounting teams
- Act as a Business Partner to the Regional Operations Managers to ensure that any queries/issues are addressed and resolved appropriately
- Ensure JV P&Ls and Balance Sheets are accurately prepared, reviewed and communicated in line with SLAs
- Work on other areas of the management accounts process as required
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting processes
- Liaise with auditors with year-end queries/questions on JV management accounts
- Attend site visits of JV companies as required, to include training surgery staff, internal audit work and stocktaking (30-40% of your time).
- Experience in managing and organising a team to meet SLEs
- Be able to deliver a high level of Customer Service
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace, be able to delegate appropriately and have a high level of organisational skills
- Advanced Excel skills are essential, and knowledge of other MS Office applications is required
- A working knowledge of an accountancy software package is desirable. We use Open Accounts v6 for which full training will be given
- The role would suit a recently qualified ACCA or CIMA or someone with experience in a similar role