Job Title: Account Manager
Location: South London
Based at: Home Based
Salary: c£35,000 plus up to 8K commission
Benefits: Company Car, Mobile Phone, 35 hours a week
The role is based from home within a defined geographical sales territory.
Regular contact (minimum weekly) and visits (minimum quarterly) to the Head Office in Blackpool - North West, will be expected to ensure regularity of communication.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the management of sales and relationships of clients based within a defined sales geographical region, by effectively developing and maintaining preferred supplier or sole supplier status with existing clients, and developing accounts with potential and new clients.
Represent the company in customer account meetings, tenders, presentations, and industry events and exhibitions where required, to create long term relationships with Academic Institutions and Purchasing Consortia.
To understand the customer's demands, plan how to meet these demands, and generate sales for the company as a result.
Achieve business growth through management of sales and relationships of clients based within a defined sales geographical region
- Develop professional working relationships and build rapport with central purchasing/procurement functions, department heads, administrators and lecturers within Academic Establishments.
- Identify and build a database (within the company's CRM system) of key Establishment contacts, contact information (visits/calls) and travel preferences.
- Achieve quote, conversion and profit targets for new and retained customer bookings.
- Use available tracking/reporting and diary systems to maintain an awareness of region performance against agreed targets.
- Act as a link between the Customer and Office team, supporting the development of relationships to achieve increased business opportunities and business retention.
- Maintain an awareness of the marketing and promotional activity to ensure the provision of accurate information to colleagues and customers.
Represent in the marketplace including (but not limited to) customer "on site" meetings, tenders, presentations, and industry events and exhibitions where required to create long term relationships with Academic Institutions and Purchasing Consortia
Develop a strong understanding of the Sector, enabling the company to gain valuable insight into the competitive landscape, and customer trends, to profitability develop the business.
- Develop and demonstrate industry knowledge, including knowledge of customer trends, competitor activity, market dynamics, and other forces affecting the Higher Educational Marketplace.
- Provide customer, competitor and market intelligence to the Business Manager to support the achievement of enquiry generation and conversion.
- Produce and analyse quarterly and yearly MI reports to the Business Manager, providing recommendations for future activities that will secure business.
- Provide up to date information on customer, product, competitor and industry trends regularly.
Qualifications / Experience: Managing a sales area, Sales both telephone and face to face, New business development and lead generation, along with account management, Experience of delivering successful customer presentations, Experience of sales to both individual customers and businesses, Demonstrable experience of meeting and exceeding sales targets, Strong influencing and team working skills, able to build and maintain trusting relationships with both clients and colleagues
* IT Literate with knowledge and experience of using MS products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) * Experience of using reporting systems * Strong accuracy and attention to detail * Travel Industry experience * Linguistic capability (French, German, Italian, Spanish) * Experience of public tenders * NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services* Experience of delivering training sessions & workshops
Please Note: If you have not been contacted for this particular position after 1 week, unfortunately you have not been selected for this particular role. Thank you CP2