Manufacturing/Production Engineer Moulding
Job Title: Manufacturing/Production Engineer (Moulding)
Are you an experienced Manufacturing/Production Engineer in the moulding industry? Are you looking to join a growing, global organisation? You must hold an HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the moulding of precision plastic and elastomer components.
- To provide the primary source of technical expertise in the moulding of thermoset, thermoplastic and elastomeric materials.
- To carry out wide ranging projects in order to improve product quality, increase tooling life / reliability, reduce component costs and improve manufacturing efficiency.
- To create detailed work instructions and process settings that facilitate efficient component manufacture.
- To provide technical input into the Tool Design section and to liaise with tooling subcontractors.
- To initiate and implement cost reduction and method improvement projects.
- To ensure that all tooling, gauging and testing requirements are identified prior to production.
- To ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs.
- To liaise with Design Engineering to ensure that products are 'designed for manufacture'
- Must hold an HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering. A minimum of 5 years' experience in the moulding of precision plastic and elastomer components is required.
- PC plus production plant and equipment as necessary.
- Technical decisions regarding processes and the operation of plant and equipment.
- Needs initiative in problem solving and the development of new products and processes. Must exhibit a logical, meticulous approach to problem solving.
ACS are recruiting for a Manufacturing/Production Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Manufacturing/Production Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Manufacturing/Production Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Manufacturing/Production Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Manufacturing/Production Engineer role you desire.