7 days left
- Full Time
The Heritage Administrator is responsible to the Heritage Manager providing the administrative support to various aspects of the Heritage portfolio including but not restricted to; memberships, subscriptions, access and bookings, together with managing the Ministry of Defence, Schools Sports Usage and the Tennis Coaching contracts. In addition the post holder will help to develop new ways to present its collections to maximise visitors' enjoyment and understanding, whilst concurrently balancing, the preservation of the fabric and character of the buildings with the requirement to generate an income stream where possible and moreover, the necessities of its residents together with the demands of maintaining a national institution ensuring that its physical integrity is not breached because of inappropriate exposure or actions. There are also certain budgetary accounting matters within these areas of responsibility. The poster holder will also assist where required with covering for the Tours Manager during absences.
- Administers the issue, renewal and collection of appropriate membership subscriptions, fees, and where appropriate donations;
- Maintains a current database of all membership contacts and provides an initial point of contact for all members enquiries;
- Maintains suitable office systems and processes to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of information from databases and filing systems, maintain current contact records, compiling and analysing attendance statistics;
- Assists the Heritage Manager in the production and maintenance of policies including but not restricted to Tours; Museum, Archives and Collections;
- Liaison with membership, internal departments, external agencies and organisations;
- Budgetary accounting within delegated areas of responsibility;
- Other tasks as delegated by the Heritage Manager;
- Responsibility for own Health & Safety and for those affected by the post holder’s acts or omissions.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed customer service and interpersonal skills, able to interact with both diplomacy and discretion.
- Highly organised with extensive administrative skills and competence in the use of Microsoft Office software; collections management systems;
- Experienced in managing aspects of a cultural heritage environment.
Ability to work independently and simultaneously on numerous different projects.