Internal Audit Manager
My client is a FTSE 250 international Service Company is looking to recruit an Internal Audit Manager. The role will report into the Head of Internal Audit, an Internal Audit Manager is required to work as part of a team in providing Internal Audit services globally across the business, through the independent and objective assessment of risk management and the systems of internal control in the company. This role entails a minimum of 50% travel
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Annual Audit Planning: Gather data and perform analysis to assist Heads of Audit in the development of Audit Universe and the risk based Annual Audit Plan.
- Audit Engagement Planning: Develop the Audit Scope through a structured risk assessment process and discussions with management. Plan audits in advance to ensure that the auditee has a clear understanding of the purpose and scope of work, proper resources are allocated, auditors are briefed and adequate time is allowed for all stages of the audit.
- Fieldwork: Lead opening meetings with management, providing a clear briefing on the scope of audit work. Manage delivery of audit work program, providing oversight of assigned team and conducting testing. Make decisions on the priority of issues and associated risks identified during fieldwork. Proactively engage with management during the course of the audit keeping them informed of progress and any potential issues. Ensure factual accuracy of all issues supported by appropriate evidence and documents, produced to the required quality, escalating to Heads of Internal Audit as necessary. Lead closing meetings with management to discuss key issues arising.
- Reporting: Takes responsibility for the production of the Audit Report, ensuring that all recommendations made are relevant, value-adding and supportable. Ensure relevant and timely responses are received from management. Agree audit ratings with Heads of Audit.
- Follow-Up: Monitor and report the status of audit issues and agreed management actions identified during prior period audit work.
- Working Practice: Ensure all work undertaken is in alignment to Global Internal Audit methodology and using Team Mate audit management too
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level, preferably in accounting, business or a related field.
- Professional Accountancy or Internal Audit qualification
- Proven experience demonstrating progressively responsible professional-level auditing and/or relevant experience
- Exposure to and broad understanding of operational and financial systems, processes, risks and controls
- An individual who can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, enthusiasm and motivation is key
In return my client offers a competitive salary, a benefits package including contributory pension, company car, excellent working conditions and the opportunity to further your career within a supportive environment.
If you are keen to be considered for this opportunity please send an up to date CV
Momentum Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.