Business Development Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Rapidly growing and internationally recognised research and business intelligence consultancy, based near Victoria (London); seek a proven Business Development professional to join their new business department - selling across multiple sectors. You will be highly commercial, consultative, driven, and have the ability to sell high quality research solutions to Director / C-suite level across multiple industries.
Our client is now the global leader in industry market research with a very loyal following of the world's elite businesses. How did this occur? It's all about the people…and to keep up with demand they are looking to add even more talented people to the new-business team. Since the 1970's, the business has provided market-leading industry information to professionals in a wide variety of industry verticals, including finance, consulting, accounting and manufacturing. With offices in London, Melbourne, Sydney, New York City, Los Angeles, and Beijing, they provide insight into thousands of industries across the UK, US, Australia and China so clients can make better decisions, faster.
The sales team are pure business developers and thrive on chasing warm and prospective new business. You should have a honed consultative style and a well-defined process. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven professional with entrepreneurial flair to be an integral part of our growth.
Targeting C-Level executives of companies that we have not yet worked with, you will drive the pivotal moments where your leads turn into clearly defined, value-based meetings and ultimately negotiate contracts to a successful close.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
* Generating C-level and other senior management leads through cold-call and professional networking techniques and conducting meetings.
* Leading your prospects through a consultative approach, managing the full negotiation and close process, managing the transition to the Customer Service team.
* Using your developed commercial acumen in order to navigate and understand the prospective clients' business needs and effectively articulate our value proposition.
* Using our CRM platform to effectively develop mini-campaigns and reports that deliver efficiency gains and drive achievement of your targets.
As the successful candidate, the Business Development Manager will have:
* Undergraduate degree qualified.
* Previous successful sales / business development experience; including proven experience in commercial negotiations with decision makers. You may be a Business Development Executive or Business Development Manager seeking a step up in your career.
* Solid understanding of business concepts and the current business environment.
* Personal credibility and bearing to earn time on C-level executive calendars.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to create and deliver convincing arguments to an executive audience.
* Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing work environment
-Base Salary between £35,000-£50,000
-OTE circa +£20k first year, uncapped commission structure, plus team bonuses
-Laptop and mobile phone allowance, pension scheme, gym mebership scheme
-Very realistic double-OTE take-home from Year 2 onwards
-Dynamic working environment, superb product and training provision
-Opportunity to progress with a growing and fast-moving organisation