Senior Risk Managers - Retail Credit Modelling
Job Title: Senior Risk Managers - Retail Modelling
Salary: to £75,000 + car, bonus & benefits
A new Retail Modelling team, establishing best in class retail model development and analytics is being set up in Swindon. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new team from its inception, and to play a key part in formulating and building an optimal approach to model delivery in the stress testing and scorecard development space.
The expanding role of risk and the importance of risk management have led to the Risk Management Division investing in their retail modelling capability. An existing team operates from another site; the formulation of a complementary modelling team will further contribute to the continuous improvement in retail modelling capability.
As part of the formation of a new Retail Modelling team, there are vacancies for two Senior Manager roles, to lead a team, managing the design, delivery, maintenance and governance of retail models. The role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to take on a senior technical role, ensuring that retail model and stress testing best practices are adopted to deliver business focused analysis. You will be leading a team to provide detailed analysis of complex problems and opportunities, to provide recommendations to support senior management in decision making.
Under the guidance of the Head of Retail Modelling, you will be responsible for:
- Successful delivery, and maintenance of retail risk scorecard developments or stress testing models,
- Introducing, and keeping up to date, best modelling practice within the team,
- Mentoring and managing less experienced modellers,
- Communicating the performance of the existing models to the wider business.
- Contributing to the formulation of a successful growing team
You’ll need to:
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine desire and aptitude to develop a career with a leading financial services player, and a desire to be a key part of shaping a new successful team
- Demonstrate extensive experience of risk management across a range of credit portfolios and decision points from acquisition through to collections strategies
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of scorecard, stress testing or other model development techniques,
- Have experience of leading, motivating and mentoring a team of technical analysts
- Have experience of using complex credit risk analytical tools and techniques to provide valuable insights and drive portfolio strategies,
- Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver real business benefit.
- Have a minimum Upper 2nd degree in a numerate discipline such as Maths, Statistics or a related subject such as Economics or Engineering.
- Have experience / knowledge of model development or analytical tools such as SAS / SPSS