Our Bradford based client is looking for a motivated, hard working joinery buyer.
The role requires the individual to provide an efficient and effective strategic procurement service for a range of joinery products/services within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agree measureable targets and objectives with your superior and monitor to ensure targets and plans are met.
- Propose and implement procurement practices appropriate to the business needs within the Group.
- Plan, negotiate and implement Procurement Agreements resulting in reduced costs in terms of purchase price, improvement in payment terms and material stockholding with no detriment to quality of products.
- New product development co-ordination.
- Disposal of obsolete/slow moving stock.
- Review the current Vendor Rating System and make recommendations to improve same.
- Establish and maintain a currency and raw material database
- Establish and maintain long term company/vendor relationships and measurement to the point of positively influencing vendor business performance.
- Invoice clearance re discrepancies with price and/or quality.
- Measure personal performance against targets by means of self-produced statistics and graphs
- Effective expediting to ensure production plans are met and maintained.
- Develop and maintain high level of satisfaction amongst internal customers.
- Actively reduce vendor base and improve vendor performance to a minimum of A/B rating.
- Establish and maintain supplier and component part database.
- Strategic commodities to be covered by Procurement Agreements.
- Reduction in procurement spend.
- Any other duties requested by the company.
Qualifications / knowledge required for role:
- Detailed knowledge of procurement practices within a manufacturing, 5S, TQM environment.
- Knowledge of company products and their principal features, the suitability of purchased materials and the relevance of their specification.
- General knowledge of commodity sources within the light/medium manufacturing sector.
- Minimum of five years’ experience within a strategic purchasing/planning administration function.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Working towards or holds CIPS and/or business degree/qualification.
- Ability to provide strategic procurement savings.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing MRP environment.
Please note, due to a high number of applications, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful.