Client Control Accounting Manager
The Client Control Accounting Manager role based in Milton Keynes is multi-disciplinary and is responsible for customer accounting, bad debt recovery, client monies, managing the Firms bank reconciliations and management of the key control accounts for the purchase and sales ledgers. This role is essential in the financial services space, supporting our compliance both with legislation and the internal Financial Controls memorandum.
This Milton Keynes based market leader in financial services strives to make impact that matters to their clients, their people and society. Their purpose provides the foundation for the strategy and their aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. They want to be the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
Responsibilities of the Client Control Accounting Manager:
Excellent Service and Relationship Management
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including Contact to Cash Managers, Procure to Pay Manager, Finance and others as appropriate.
- Identify and understand customer needs beyond what has been requested
- Provide high quality advice and guidance on a wide range of queries covering the whole range of Client and Control Accounting.
Team Development and Management
- Supervision of teams to establish workloads and manage resource.
- Responsible for performance management of direct reports, including regular check ins, development and feedback
- Play a key coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate
- Be a role model and advocate of the SSO operating model to all team members
Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's financial controls
- Manage and understand risk to the business for all areas of the Firm, liaising with risk teams as appropriate
- Responsibility for ensuring all processes and procedures within UK remit are documented as per the guidelines, are adhered to and up to date.
- Keep abreast of the policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Produce and review weekly/monthly management information for discussion with other manager/team leaders in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs.
- Contribute to on-going process improvement activities, and other projects arising.
- Proactively seek process improvements and establish agreed best practice going forward
Requirements for the Client Control Accounting Manager:
- CIMA/ACCA part-Qualified / Finalist
- Good understanding of SAP, specifically in General Ledger accounting
- Previous experience of working within an accounting function
- Demonstrate a methodical, analytical and clear approach to problems
- Experience of Continuous Service Improvement
- Excellent numerical/analytical skills
- Strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills showing attention to detail and customer focus, actively seeks to understand client's needs and priorities
- Takes a strategic view on advising clients, proactively identifying solutions
- A professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, especially when under pressure
- Good listener with a calm manner, and the ability to ask effective questions
- Promotes mentoring and coaching and can realise the potential of others
- Encourages a culture of innovation and inspires others to improve working methods of the team; is open, receptive and adaptable to change
- Has the ability to monitor and apply department budget
- Previous experience of managing a team within a finance function
A company that looks to foster people and not just hire them. Offering the most competitive salaries on the market and a desire to develop people, you should not look anywhere else for your next career move.