A leading Building Services installation company based in Northamptonshire are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to join their team
This is a hands-on role with a responsibility for the production of detailed mechanical tender bids, attending mid and post tender meetings and post tender control. You will be expected to interface with both our existing and prospective new clients. This position will involve the day-to-day management of the tender process to ensure standards are maintained and deadlines are met. You will support the Business in client meetings and estimation/tender presentations to help secure tendered opportunities
• Prepare complete estimates; cover letters and bid proposal, including the cost breakdown, clarifications, scope and exclusions
• Understand and monitor schedules to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines
• Schedule and attend project job walks with customer, subcontractor and construction personnel to understand and determine project requirements
• Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
• Obtain competitive pricing for materials and subcontract components needed for the estimate
• Monitor, assist, critique and prepare schedules, if required, for any estimates
• Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation and submission of change orders as needed
• Follow up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process
• Pro-active and approachable, lead by example.
• Thorough and efficient
• Wide supplier and subcontractor knowledge.
• Understanding of associated mechanical services Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially sound
• Flexible in approach to deadlines
• Computer literate with experience of ‘Estimation’ software
In return you will get a comprehensive salary of £40,000 - £50,000 + Car/ Car Allowance (negotiable depending on experience), company pension, and health care.