Assistant Financial Controller
We are seeking an Assistant Financial Controller to assist in the control the day to day tasks of the finance department, including all areas of financial and statutory reporting
The role is full time and permanent 28-30k
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily cash forecasting.
- Sales analysis and gross margin reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet, profit and loss account, and supporting reconciliation schedules.
- Producing inter company accounts reconciliations.
- VAT returns & HMRC reporting.
- Liaising with external auditors and preparation of audit materials.
- Development of junior members of the team.
- Continual improvement to reporting processes
- Key Performance Indicators
- All information and reporting to be accurate, timely, and to the requirement of the recipient.
- Daily maintenance of General Ledger and Balance Sheet accounts, ensuring all information within own control is reconciled and up to date.
- Key Skills & Behaviours
- Strong communication skills with the ability to confidently deliver information to all levels.
- Ambition to progress within a fast paced business.
- Ability to work as a team player in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative by being well organised and able to prioritise a constantly changing workload.
- Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Qualified CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a finance role.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of managing graduates.
Immediate interviews Available