Trainee Tax Assistant
TRAINEE TAX ASSISTANT
Our prestigious client has a vacancy for a Trainee Tax Assistant. This is a full time position and you will be based in their Coventry Office, however you may be required to travel to their Solihull office when required.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualities:-
• 1-2 years experience of dealing with some tax work which does not need to be 100% related to personal tax
• self motivated, efficient and hard working
• be able to learn as they progress
• pay attention to detail
• be able to keep up to date with tax legislation and attend courses
• have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• meticulous in maintaining records
• ideally, though not essential, have experience using IRIS
• have good communication skills
• able to interact positively with staff at all levels
• able to take responsibility
• able to deal with deadlines
The role will involve dealing with the following work:-
• assist the Tax Managers and Tax Senior with the completion of Self Assessment Tax Returns and P11D forms
• review and update PAYE coding notices with HMRC
• advise clients under manager/senior guidance
• complete miscellaneous HMRC forms when required
• undertaking a study programme towards the ATT qualification.
The above job description is a guide to the work required to be undertaken but does not form part of a contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
• Annual salary - £14-18K (depending upon experience)
• 37 hours per week
• Flexi-time available
• Auto enrolment pension scheme
• 20 days annual leave per holiday year
• 8 statutory days leave
• The option to 'purchase’ a further 10 days’ annual leave
Don't delay and apply today, our client is looking to interview suitable candidates ASAP!