Skills: Supply chain, purchasing, stock movement, suppliers, negotiation, freight forwarding, ERP system, sales enquiries, procurement, costing, and delivery
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm
About the Company
Our client has been established for over 50 years, proving to be a successful brand within the market, however, they are a dynamic team with big aspirations. As a leading distributor to the trade industry supplying security and specialist locking products to the UK and Ireland, their continued growth means that they are now looking to recruit an equally enthusiastic and experienced Product Buyer.
What will your working week be like?
You will be taking responsibility for specific suppliers focusing on their own brands so experience in dealing with overseas suppliers, agents and freight forwarding companies is advantageous.
You will be instrumental in monitoring the supply chain, forecasting and ensuring stock and packaging arrives on time. They have long standing relationships with all of their suppliers and the team work hard to ensure that they remain one of their most trusted partners.
- Raising Forecast purchase orders, using their Suggested ordering system, for your portfolio of supplier accounts.
- Monitor Stock Levels to maintain the required level of stock.
- Verify acknowledgments to ensure that prices, lead times and quantities are correct and to update our ERP system.
- Monitor and Maintain Delivery information from suppliers within our Merlin System
- Check product availability on specific sales enquires.
- Build relationships with your suppliers and engage with them on new products, promotions and changes to existing products
- Monitor supplier performance
- Liaise with warehouse and suppliers regarding incorrect items supplies and any delivery issues
- Maintain supplier records including all contact details for your portfolio
- Negotiate improved prices, terms and deals with suppliers.
- Monitor and provide statistics for supplier OTIF, lead time changes and suggestions for product review and rationalising of specific products or ranges
- Complete new supplier application forms
- Check and validate price increases
- Provide reports for analytics on product performance
- Monitor, update and report monthly on rebates
Who will suit this role?
With strong relationship management skills you will be a proactive individual who has an analytical and methodical approach to your work. A well communicated individual you will have a diplomatic & professional approach in dealing with clients/suppliers at all levels.
- Purchasing experience
- Experience of using an ERP system
- Ability to liaise and consult with stakeholders
- Experience of sourcing, negotiating prices and project based procurement
- Strong knowledge of end to end procurement process
- Must have a keen commercial sense and enjoy negotiating costs
- Strong individual with initiative and drive and ability to form good working relationships
- Excellent IT skills with advanced MS Excel
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Supply chain, purchasing, stock movement, suppliers, negotiation, freight forwarding, ERP system, sales enquiries, procurement, costing, and delivery
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.