Pre Prep Teacher
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Pre Prep Teacher
Reporting to: Headmistress
Working Patterns: 8.00 am - 4.00 pm Monday to Friday throughout term time
To implement a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum to enable each pupil to achieve their potential
The teacher shall be required to deliver the curriculum through the policies of the school in the light of the schools aims and ethos. The main responsibilities include:To promote, understand and keep abreast of the aims, values and policies of the school.
- To support the ethos of the school and maintain discipline and high standards of conduct and appearance.
- To promote well-being, health, safety and happiness of the pupils in class, foster positive self-esteem and hold high expectations of pupils work and behaviour. To report any concerns to the Headmistress.
- To be responsible for registration as necessary.
- To attend staff planning meetings as required, including school functions which may take place outside of normal school hours.
- To develop and maintain high standards of classroom management, discipline and organisation to provide a stimulating environment for the pupils.
- To demonstrate a good working knowledge of the school curriculum in order to achieve the highest possible standards of teaching and learning within the classroom context.
- To plan and match work to the pupil’s individual abilities and skills both termly and daily according to the scheme of work.
- Provide cover for classes whose teacher in not available to teach them.
- To demonstrate a strong commitment to supporting pupils with special needs, working closely with the SENCo and other colleagues and outside agencies to achieve this.
- Participate in any arrangements made by the school for performance management and continuing professional development
- To carry out professional duties, including playtime supervision, morning and end of school day door duties.
- To foster close professional relationships with parents/carers, welcoming them as partners to their children’s learning. Present a positive image of the school to all other stakeholders including the wider community.
- Keep and maintain records of pupil progress in accordance with school procedures and policies; provide detailed written reports for the Headmistress and parents and attend parent consultation meetings within set time scales.
- To attend staff training (INSET) and appropriate courses and to share expertise with colleagues.
- To establish and maintain a culture of collaboration and cooperative working between colleagues.