Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
Our client is a long established and successful automotive dealership group that covers Wiltshire, Somerset and the South West.
They pride themselves on providing an excellent service to their customers through their dedicated and manufacturer trained staff and have an astonishing range of cars and commercials...
To help them achieve their goal, we are recruiting for a Service Technician to help meet demand in this well respected dealership in Bath. You will be responsible for delivering the highest standard of customer experience as well as maintaining an extremely high level of accuracy.
The Service Technician will report to the Service Manager and will be responsible for meeting both franchise and company standards in a service environment.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Technician:
- To undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motor vehicles of all types to the highest standard within scheduled times to meet company and franchise standards
- Repair, test vehicles and diagnose their faults as and when required by Service Manager and supervisory staff
- Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards to health and safety
- Carry out work completely and effectively within manufacturers’ servicing and repair times
- Advise and report on vehicle faults and servicing requirements while working on vehicles, including future servicing/repair requirements
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Have at least 2 years’ post qualification experience, of working in a Franchise Dealership (or similar)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Take responsibility for the quality and quantity of their work
- MOT tester but not compulsory
If you are looking to join a growing company that can offer excellent rewards, then you need to apply for this position now.
To apply for this role in the strictest confidence, please contact Irving Mitchell Appointments on. Candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted by shortly after CV submittal.
Irving Mitchell are automotive recruitment specialists. We handle many different roles and advertise, head hunt and represent professionals wishing to take their next career step within the automotive industry. Please contact us for further details on how we can help.
All applications are treated with discretion and adhere fully to the Data Protection Act 1998. Irving Mitchell is regarded as an employment agency within to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003