Group Finance Controller
Our client, a PE backed technology and managed services provider is seeking to recruit a Finance Controller on a permanent basis. This company provide a range of services including 24/7 support, technology transformation, cloud services, ERP software implementation and strategic consulting.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
As the Group Financial Controller you will support the wider Finance function in all aspects of accounting, reporting and tax - including acquisition accounting.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate preparation of Group results including multi- currency consolidations; reviewing and understanding variances to budgets and forecasts
- Production of monthly management / board packs including P&L, BS, Cash flow, KPI’s and ratio’s
- Implement and maintain financial policies and timetables throughout the Group
- Manage team in respect of Group reporting & sub ledgers
- Cash forecasting - including consolidation of forecasts from multiple business units, treasury and working capital Preparation of statutory group consolidated financial statements
- All aspect of tax compliance and planning
- Primary day to day contact in the Group Annual Audit process
- Involvement in the group forecasting and budgeting reporting cycles
- Preparation of information requests for the various stakeholders
- Liaison with external advisors, shareholders and banks as required
- ACA / ACCA / ACMA or CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Ideally large and small / medium company experience; bringing both best financial practice, and the knowledge of how to operate and behave in a dynamic, fast-growth environment
- Experience of going through a transaction and managing people through change, or implementing systems and ensuring best protocol is adhered to - both value add
- Can demonstrate experience of multi-currency consolidation
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS102/IFRS and acquisition accounting
- Proven strong leadership and team management experience, especially in period of growth