Senior Decision Science Analyst
Job Title: Senior Decision Science Analyst
Salary: up to £45,000 plus bonus and benefits
We are looking for an experienced Senior Decision Science to join a successful and established financial services organisation in Bradford.
As a Senior Decision Science Analyst, you will be responsible for the development, validation and maintenance of credit risk scorecards. You will support scorecard implementation, cut-off strategies, oversight of scorecard monitoring, and related recommendations regarding scorecard re-alignment or re-development.
The organisation is investing heavily in all areas of credit risk, governance, analytics and decision science, providing excellent opportunities for development.
The Senior Analyst - Decision Science will:
- Develop credit risk scoring and underwriting models across all product lines
- Respond to analysis requests from the business functions
- Develop and monitor champion/challenger strategies
- Develop next generation tools to reduce scorecard development time without degrading benchmark performance
- Utilise customer information and behavioural scoring models to enhance collection and borrower retention strategies
- Work with the data team to ensure that data is fit for purpose, is optimised for analytical work, and new data sources are integrated
- Work with Analytics teams to analyse and recommend appropriate cut-off strategies
- Liaise with business stakeholders to understand modelling requirements, and provide direction and oversight on model use
Skills & experience required:
- Previous experience as a scorecard developer who has worked within the Credit Risk function or similar environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in credit scoring and other statistical modelling techniques
- Programming ability in SAS/SQL or alternative scorecard development tools
- Experience with Marketing and/or Collections models (desirable, not essential)
- A degree in in statistics, mathematics, operational research or econometrics