Head of Maths, Permanent, Dagenham, Secondary, ASAP
6 days left
- Full Time
Job School: Secondary School, Dagenham
Job title: Head of Maths
Job Start date: September 2017
Job Salary: £28,098 - 46,829 (Inner London Pay Scale, possibility of leadership pay scale depending on candidate)
A school that is part of a highly successful Trust is looking for a highly capable and inspirational Head of Maths to join their team. The trust as a whole has a superb commitment to CPD and the opportunity to progress in your career is at the centre of their philosophy.
The school itself is seeking to build on the support of the trust and provide outstanding opportunities for students. The school is an ideal place to build your career and gain exciting opportunities for progression. The school has a 6th form onsite and so you will have the opportunity to assist Key stage 5 students in their progress. The 6th form has consistently achieved results above the national average and has continued to expand as a result.
As the Head of Maths you will have the opportunity to implement best practice to ensure that your team are able to succeed in continuing a history of positive results within the school. A strong grasp of Statistics and Core Maths would be highly significant in assisting the applicants chance for success. The team includes a combination of experienced Teachers and recently qualified Teachers and so a good and understanding management approach would be required to ensure that the staff may feel comfortable.
YOU AS A CANDIDATE
- You must have QTS for England to apply for this role.
- Ideally, the school would like you to have a relevant degree in Mathematics or a specialist area of Mathematics, although having experience teaching Mathematics and leading a team is their primary concern.
- You will be an excellent practitioner who can enthuse and inspire
- You will be passionate about raising aspirations and improving educational life chances.
- Experienced in managing staff or looking to progress into a role where you will have the opportunity to manage staff
To apply and for further information, please contact Claire Hobbs or Paul Madigan at Capita Education Resourcing on .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).