Statistician - Credit Risk & Marketing Models
Job Title: Statistician - Credit Risk &Marketing Models
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 plus bonus and benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a highly skilled team of decision science analysts and lead model development activity across credit risk and marketing.
- Define the modelling approach for Credit Risk and Marketing models
- Specify and construct model development datasets from internal and third party data sources.
- Derive appropriate outcome variable to model against.
- Identify homogenous sub-populations through statistical segmentation techniques.
- Develop models using regression and decision tree logic.
- Ensure models are compliant with relevant legislation.
- Validate models to ensure accuracy, stability and robustness over time.
- Adjust / recalibrate / redevelop models when necessary.
- Identify new opportunities and improvements in current practices across Credit and Marketing through inquisitive and innovative analysis.
What do you need to apply?
- At least 2 years relevant analytical experience in personal / retail financial services.
- Hands-on modelling experience using regression and other similar statistical techniques.
- Extensive programming, database extraction and reporting experience.
- Proficient in Base SAS
- Knowledge of Credit Reference Agency data, scores and characteristics.
- Working with / presenting to senior managers.
- A degree (2:1 or better) in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Statistics or Operations Research