The Reconciliation Officer will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for processing insurer commission statements promptly as they arrive and reconciled to in-house accounting records.
Working as part of the finance team, the Reconciliation Officer is focused on the accounting function of commission input and commission anomaly reconciliation. Assistance will be expected with ad-hoc duties as required within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure potential cancellations are tasked for action appropriately.
- Commission anomalies - communicate with Insurers and in-house sales and support staff to resolve all commission anomalies.
- Report any losses, irregularities and/or variances identified during the preparation of the reconciliations.
- Recommend corrections for variances to ensure timely resolutions.
- Ensure all entries are accurately posted to the Company’s financial accounting system promptly, in order to assist with the swift reconciliation of bank statements.
- Bank reconciliation - ensure that bank transactions reconcile with the commission statements received.
- Update commission rates on the Portal when required.
- Ensuring all commission statements and invoices are scanned and saved to appropriate files.
- Assistance in general accounting functions e.g. payroll, purchase ledger.
- Contribute to, and follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Taking additional responsibilities as and when required by your manager.
- To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Math’s and English at grade C or above (Essential).
- Experience in Reconciliations (desirable).
- A background in working within financial services or regulated environment (desirable).
- Well-developed IT Skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential).
- Knowledge of General Insurance products (desirable).
- A working knowledge of Quickbooks/Sage (desirable).
- Experience in revenue collection and financial systems maintenance and development.
- Excellent time management skills, able to plan your duties within your day.
- Team player, adapting to the team ethos, always showing team spirit.
- Willingness to develop self and new skills.
- A proven track record in working efficiently and autonomously, with attention to detail and with adherence to process.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
- Desire to take ownership of issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills. You will need to demonstrate superb verbal and written techniques.
- Demonstrates reliability, honesty and trustworthiness.
- Strong customer service, negotiation and resolution skills.
- Able to build and develop relationships with both internal and external contacts.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 37.5hrs per week.
- Working hours 9am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri.
- As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
What we're offering
- Salary £17,000 - £20,000 dependent on experience
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full ongoing training will be provided.
- Good location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits - Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, 3% Pension contribution, Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, Seasonal events - Summer & Christmas party, invites to Industry & Insurance awards, opportunities for career development, Further Education opportunities, Employee of the Month & Refer a Friend scheme.