Office Angels are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Paralegal. This is a permanent, full-time role, located in the Scottish Borders. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm, staff are offered flexible working hours subject to business needs. Salary is up to £30,000 per annum.
To act as the only Paralegal and support activities for this small legal team. Acting as the only Paralegal, the successful candidate should have previous experience in a similar role and knowledge of including mark-up of contracts, basic contract drafting, and implementation of compliance and data protection measures. No formal qualifications required.
The main duties will include:
- To be the legal department's main point of contact for routine contracts;
- Assist compliance team with implementation of new procedures and implementation of GDPR;
- To prepare correspondence and legal documents through word processing, including mark-ups of high-level contracts and to ensure a high quality execution;
- Working with the department's Business Support to maintain and update the filing systems;
- Diarising deadlines and flagging issues that require attention;
- Arranging legalisation of documents as necessary;
- Identify training and development needs in conjunction with line manager;
- A team player with a high level of confidentiality;
- Have an in depth understanding of a paralegal role;
- Excellent IT Skills with working knowledge of all MS applications, especially Word;
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines;
- Be able to organise, influence and monitor progress of projects;
- Flexibility and the ability to re-prioritise workload are essential due to changing priorities of the team;
- Previous experience in a law firm or within a similar environment;
- Paralegal qualification is desirable.
- As this can be a sedentary position the individual needs to be able to withstand long periods of sitting;
- Ability to use VDU equipment;
- A degree of flexibility needed with regards to rare occasions where working late/early might be required.
- Diligence and a positive approach towards challenge;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self starter with a good eye for detail and ability to complete tasks/objectives.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply!
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
**If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email**
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83241553