Loans Participation Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Overview of the Department/Section:
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - ************.
Loan Participations are part of the Transaction Processing Unit, within the Operations Division for EMEA. Transaction Processing provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch, complex transaction processing.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Loan Participation team is responsible for managing BTMU’s operational obligations as lender across a portfolio of Syndicated and Bilateral Loans, and for managing events on each Facility in accordance with Facility Agreements, internal rules and Market Practice.
In this role, you will be responsible for loans across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
The Loan Participations Analyst working under the guidance of Line Management will input and verify daily work to ensure completion of daily obligations including accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Bank income, Guarantees, Commitments, Risk and Sub Participation and escalating to Line Management as may be required.
The team must deal with scheduled and unscheduled events, issues and queries, these must be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and these must be administered in accordance with the relevant Facility Agreement and/or procedure.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Completion of daily obligations in accordance with Facility Agreements, Head Office rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the accurate input of work, and verification of transactions.
- Proactively manage events related to portfolio of Facilities, including fee and loan related claims, calculations, advices, rate-fixing, and settlements.
- Provide assistance, as requested, to line management in the control of daily work flows to ensure timely completion of daily obligations.
- Escalation to Line Management of any issues that may affect a particular facility or event.
- Ability to locate and use simple clauses in the Facility Agreement to determine appropriate actions
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary
- Communicate and negotiate with a variety of Stakeholders, including Front Office, Lenders and Borrowers in order to administer events on a portfolio of loans.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Previous experience of working in a manual operations environment.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment under time pressure whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience of Loan Operations an advantage
- Strong computer literacy skills, Microsoft office etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960717228