Mechanical AP Multi Skilled Engineer
Interserve is currently recruiting a Mechanical AP Multi Skilled Engineer to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Repairs and site cover to buildings within APHA Weybridge, Surrey, Campus. Also undertake small installation works. This role is working within a pre-determined team as working day hours vary due to operational needs. The successful candidate will be required to complete a security check prior to starting this role.
- Carry out PPM & Reactive maintenance to all client assets which may include gas fired appliances, steam systems, air conditioning, refrigeration & chiller systems. Previous Appointed Person Boilers and Pressure Systems knowledge required.
- To assist with routine quality assurance / insurance checks on work activities, record keeping and general housekeeping. This requires essential liaison with our Insurer and Client to guarantee scheduled maintenance periods capture statutory inspections are carried out causing as little disruption to the end users as possible.
- Delivery of planned, routine & reactive maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems, to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Assist other trades in completion of multi-disciplinary works
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Ensure the issue and appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems iaw Safe Systems of Work for Boilers and Pressure systems.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of “Maximo” task sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices iaw SSoW
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of Interserve staff and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of Interserve is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
What we are looking for
- Excellent analytical skills to operational issues
- Good knowledge of BMS Trend systems
- Have an understanding of health and safety and previously held Appointed Person position
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Strong customer focus skills and attitude
- Flexible and willing approach to work
- Good communicator – both Written and Orally
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
- Good time management
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ideally hold a HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Must hold a "time served apprenticeship" ideally in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- Gas Safety Course Cop 20 (Gas safety and legislation) – 2008
- Boiler Operators course – (NIFES)
- Authorised Person - Pressure Systems Regulations
- Authorised Person: Mechanical (AP10) Training Course
- Approved Authorised Person – Confined spaces
- C&G 17th Edition qualified is advantageous
- Strong and effective communication skills.
Additional job board text
Interserve is one of the world’s foremost supportservices and construction companies. Everything we do is shaped by our corevalues. We are a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for our clientsand a great place to work for our people. We offer advice, design,construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services.Headquartered in the UK and FTSE listed, we have gross revenues of £3.7 billionand a workforce of circa 75,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83253918