Casual Instructor Technician
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Casual Instructor / Technician - Animal Management Centre
Casual term-time cover on Herptiles/Invertebrates, Birds, and Mammal Sections
£8.72 - £10.70 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience) plus holiday pay
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Heads in animal husbandry, supervising students on practical duties, and practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required. They will work with other animal professionals as part of a wider team so must be a great team player, effective communicator, enthusiastic and be committed to training our learners to a professional standard.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 3 in a relevant vocational subject e.g., Animal Management, DMZAA, Veterinary Nursing, Biological Science or Zoology Degree. Candidates must have significant practical experience and interest in at least two of the following areas: herptiles, birds and mammals.
The post holder will be required to work as and when required to cover staff vacancies, absences, etc. The number of work sessions required will therefore vary through the year. Applicants are asked to set out their flexibility to provide cover.
Closing Date: 01 October 2018
* Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
* Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
* Free on-site parking
* Car Share Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Flexible Working Policy
* Pro rata Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years' service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
* Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
* Access to an employee assistance scheme
* On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
* Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
* You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
* Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
* Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
* Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
* Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
* Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Interested? Click apply now.