Market Risk Analyst (Temp)
This is a role for a risk analyst to join the Market Risk team and specifically the Physical crude and products market risk team. The team provides daily performance and control analysis of the trading business and works closely with front office and the other parts of the business. This is a pivotal team in this dynamic business and experience in this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION:
The role will be responsible for:
- Performing day-to-day market risk activities
o Calculating the P&L for the physical cargoes and their associated paper hedges
o Calculating the P&L for the purely derivatives strategies
o Calculating exposure, hedging reports and further risk metrics for the above 2 mentioned activities of the front office
- Dealing with ad hoc requests related to risk analytics for market risk in general.
- Assist in numerous projects helping implement structure, consistent and new risk metrics
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are:
- Daily generate exposure and risk metric calculation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, in particular daily monitor the market exposure and profit and loss move for assigned physical books and related derivatives;
- Analyse, investigate and comment PNL trading results focusing on trading and shipping performances and market trends;
- Maintain a good knowledge of risk metrics (i.e. VaR and stress analysis) and perform ad hoc analysis where necessary;
- Maintain a good knowledge of market conditions on monitored products through the use of provided tools; Specifically of the physical markets
- Support automation initiatives and where necessary work with ICT to drive necessary developments;
- Interface and support front office assigned desk in reaction to new market risks as well as the development of new market/products;
- Guarantee compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support when necessary internal and external audit requests;
- Contribute to the month and quarter-end activities for assigned books;
- Manage ad hoc demands.
- Experience within a Market Risk environment in an oil trading company;
- Physical crude or products experience’
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress test, scenario analysis,
- Knowledge of Platt’s Market on Close (MOC), E-window, and any other trading platform
- Knowledge of financial hedging on Oil & Products;
- Knowledge of vessel chartering, shipping or bulk commodity movement;
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills;
- Dedicated and stress-resilient;
- Proactive and result oriented approach to work;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Knowledge of one or more of IT systems would be an advantage (Endur, ICTS).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel abilities, preferably VBA;
- Full command of English language (spoken and written).
- Beginning of September 2018
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960715688