Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Store Manager - Permanent
We have an opportunity for a Store Manager to join our team at Thomas Cook. This role would be perfect if you’re already in management or whether you’re looking to take the next step in your career.
You’ll have what it takes to lead a team and be commercially focused, and you’ll strive to achieve targets and be driven by results. You’ll be keen to share your knowledge and passion for Thomas cook and our customers, and take pride in leading your store and team.
As a store manager we’ll be asking you to:
- Live and breathe our company values
- See things through our customers’ eyes and make positive changes for improvement
- Bring people together and work as one team
- Spot great opportunities to grow your business
- Act as a Role Model by delivering exceptional selling skills, ensuring store achieve Sales, Productivity and Compliance targets
- Leading appropriate LSG activity, formulating a plan to attract and retain customer base to deliver overall store sales targets.
- Attract, recruit, develop and retain an effective sales team and Assistant Manager team, with clear succession and Development Plans in place. Oversee Improving Performance Plans and achieve high levels of engagement across the team.
- Implement and maintain store audit safety and security standards adhering to all company policies, procedures and regulatory standards in order to protect company assets and minimise risk to our people
- Understand and demonstrate how you deliver against the Group Strategy, communicating this to your team in a meaningful way
- Manage performance of the team ensuring on-going development with robust PDP for all staff in place
If this sounds like you, apply today and start the next step of your journey.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.We have some of the most loyal customers in this, or any, business. People – in fact, whole families – come back year after year to book their holidays with us.
Job Segment: Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Operations, Retail