Do you want to be an Engineering Technician in a high-tech, innovative company specialising in the design and manufacture of high performance processor based solutions for use in critical embedded applications has arisen in Colchester.
Engineering Technician over the first 12 months can expect to be involved in the following:
* Testing of the first batch of new products for customer evaluations, working closely with the project hardware and software engineers.
* Performing product validation testing. This could be on the bench e.g. measuring current consumed by the product. Or it could be in a temperature controlled chamber, measuring the temperature of chip dies to ensure they are within specification.
* Verifying production test specifications before release to the production test group.
* Some electronic assembly and modification work down to 0402 size components and including cable assemblies. Liaison with our manufacturing group when more complex changes are required (e.g. BGA rework).
* Maintaining the lab equipment and dealing with broken or malfunctioning items (repair or replacement), including hardware test fixtures.
* Organising the lab to make it easy for all engineers to find things quickly and easily.
* Setting up test environments for either hardware or software tests, including operating system software installation.
After 3 years, Engineering Technician can expect to be involved in:
* Qualification testing for Shock & Vibration and EMC.
* Creation of hardware test fixtures, including documenting them.
* Creation and maintenance of software scripts.
* Fault finding of computer hardware to component level.
Engineering Technician Skills/Experience:
* The candidate should have at least an ONC/OND (or equivalent) with practical experience of most of the following:
* Use of PCs and their operating systems (Windows and/or Linux), including installation.
* Digital electronics, including use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and digital multimeters.
* PTH/SMT assembly/re-work, down to 0402 size components.
* Fault finding on micro-processor based circuit boards.
* Installation and fault-finding of microcomputer system software.
A perfect opportunity for an experienced Engineering Technician and a fantastic time to join such a forward thinking organisation!!
If you are interested then apply now to Steve!!!!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83253749