Finance and Control Accountant
This is a unique opportunity to gain well rounded exposure to all aspects of Finance including financial accounting, tax, and controls. This represents an ideal role for a first / second mover from practice for a talented individual to quickly broaden their skill-set.
Leading Midlands business with exciting growth plans.
- Key member of financial accounting team advising wider business on accounting queries.
- Responsibility for year/month end processes including journals and control account reconciliations
- Working with external auditors to assist through year end process
- Sole responsibility for statutory accounts preparation of 2 entities.
- Ensure accurate and timely statutory reporting of VAT submissions
- Working with external tax advisors to produce corporation tax returns
- Ensure a robust control environment is maintained through performance and monitoring of controls and performing regular review of procedures and controls to ensure documentation is kept current
- Stakeholder manager
- Monitor changes in the business and assess the controls impact of changes to ensure the control environment remains strong
- Aide in the development of policies and procedures to maintain a strong control environment.
- Qualified / part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills
- Significant practice experience in controls review or implementation
- Evidenced risk identification experience and risk management skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience in understanding complex processes, developing and implementing improvements
- Ability and proven track record in working with a range of stakeholders, ability to influence and have ideas adopted
- Experience of AX Dynamics.
- SOX experience
- Ability to remain flexible in approach and prioritise effectively
- Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people.
Basic salary upto £40k (plus gym membership, professional fees and private medical) for the right candidate. They are willing to consider someone to take this role on a part time basis (4days) and are flexible with their working hours through the week with the candidate also having the ability to work from home when needed as well.