Senior Safety Engineer - Control Systems
Company Profile: Our client is a world-class provider of engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy for the global automotive, transport, defence and energy industries. With a century of delivering value, they employ over 2,500 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide.
Job Location: West Midlands or South Coast or Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Senior Safety Engineer - Control Systems
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be involved in a range of projects for the automotive and transport industries where the work is predominantly for the passenger car and truck markets. You will be supporting the specification, design, development and integration of leading edge technologies. You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines to develop system level solutions and you should be comfortable in a client facing role.
Qualifications & Experience: Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will be expected to be familiar with the following:
- Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of at least one of ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ARP 4754, ARP 4761, DEF-STAN 00-56, EN 5012x
- Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, FHA, HAZOP, RBD, HARA etc.
- Constructing safety arguments for complex embedded systems
- Practice of at least one of MEDINI Analyse IKV/KPIT toolchain, FaultTree+ Isograph, others
A safety engineering specific qualification is a bonus, but not essential.
Knowledge of Electrical safety, Embedded Software, Electronics, Control Systems, Model-Based Development using the Mathworks tool-chain, Automotive Hybrid Systems, Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV)
Salary: Up to £52,000 per annum depending on previous experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83254663