Why Join the Internal Audit Team?
Moneysupermarket Group is transforming our business under a new Reinvent strategy against a backdrop of increasing regulatory requirements and essential to our ability to rise to this challenge, is the delivery of independent and proactive advice, challenge and assurance through Internal Audit. Under a new Head of Internal Audit, we are transforming our internal audit capability to ensure we can meet this objective with high quality, dynamic and flexible assurance. We are recruiting for an Internal Auditor to join us at this exciting time; the role will focus on providing independent, robust assurance and advice to all areas of the business including our 3rd parties, focusing on the key risks to the Group.
Moneysupermarket Group is a FTSE 250 business that in many ways feels more like a startup. We do everything we can to support our employees so that they can be themselves and do their best work. The environment is open plan and collaborative. The dress code is very informal and the vibe is fast, focused, friendly and supportive. And best of all, the work we do makes a real difference – helping your friends, families and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why Our Role?
For the right individual, this role will provide a highly visible and profile-raising opportunity by gaining exposure to the whole of the Group and building your understanding our business. With development offered through the role, in the medium term we are positioning this as a potential springboard to develop into other roles/functions within the Group. We encourage everyone to learn new skills, experiment and stretch themselves to achieve things they haven’t done before.
What will you be doing?
To provide proactive advice, challenge and insight to the Group through the provision of high quality assurance, analysis and advice. This will include the delivery of planned audits from the Audit Plan, special projects/investigations and advisory support. Coaching and stretch development will be provided to the right individual via the small but highly experienced internal audit team, working collaboratively with our Big 4 co-source partner and with our close working relationship with other assurance providers in the Group.
Under the delivery of audits on the audit plan, the role holder will be required to identify, plan, conduct, report and monitor audits and findings across the Moneysupermarket.com Group, its associated businesses and functions.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- An analytical mindset and the ability to manage large quantities of data and identify trends and outliers in that data. Data analysis skills, with experience of using audit analysis tools.
- Strong technology skills with demonstrable experience of problem-solving and innovation.
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including risk focused planning, testing, sampling and documentation methods involved in conducting audits. Experience working in Audit/IT Audit for a multinational organisation or Big 4 would be an advantage (we would expect to position this role as equivalent of a Manager or Executive / Senior Associate level within Big 4).
- Demonstrable track record of being a self-starter with a proactive/collaborative working style.
- Experience of working collaboratively in cross-functional/multi-disciplinary teams.
Nice to have
- Experience within the online industry/digital services.
- A recognised professional (or part) qualification: CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants), ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant) or CIPFA (Public Finance Accountant), and/or IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors)
- An understanding of the key business cycles for a financial services business. An understanding of the regulatory backdrop for our business, such as Data Protection.
- An understanding of IT Security risks or IT General Controls.
- Be highly numerate and analytical.
- Be a self-starter and team player.
- Produce accurate, high quality work at the first time of asking.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate the following strengths/development objectives:
- A strong focus on high pace and goal achievement; be driven to find solutions and be prepared to take ownership for doing so.
- Able to solve complex problems and generate creative options and ideas in ever-changing and ambiguous environments; thrive on dealing with change and be proactive in suggesting new innovative ideas for the benefit of the business with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Highly curious with a questioning and research mindset – proactive in reaching out to internal/external networks/information sources; have an inquisitive mind and an eye for detail, to enable them to spot opportunities/risks.
- Credible, able to gain the trust and cooperation both within MSMG and in dealing with its third parties. Have the confidence and credibility to be able to challenge the business to do better – strike an appropriate balance between working collaboratively and proactively with the business whilst also maintaining objectivity and independence at all times.