Corporate System Administration and Development Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week
Harborough District Council’s vision is to work with communities in a vibrant, safe and prosperous district and to bring the best opportunities to all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically proficient individual to take up the challenge of this exciting new corporate role. You will play a key role in the Council’s digitalisation programme, working closely with the Digital Transformation Officer.
Primarily responsible for maintenance and development of the Councils corporate document management and land and property based ICT systems, you will help develop opportunities for electronic working and operational efficiency. You should have experience of working with similar systems and an understanding of database management functions, system security and data protection requirements.
Other main duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with service areas to maximise efficiencies and benefits of identified ICT systems including assisting in system process reviews
- Leading on and acting as the project manager for the roll out of new and/or modified modules for identified systems
- Working closely with service areas with regards to system design, set up, training and support
- Defining and maintaining comprehensive system security, ensuring compliance with relevant policies, conventions and legislative requirements
- Participating in relevant working groups and project boards internally and externally
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable way and influence key stakeholders. The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is essential, along with a pro-active approach to problem solving. You will also have strong project management skills and experience of business process re-design.
As part of your role you may from time to time be asked to take on similar responsibilities for other ICT systems.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9am on Monday 1st October 2018.
Desirable criteria from the person specification may be used for sifting purposes.How to apply
Our preferred method of receipt of application is via the online application form.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/83247648