Senior Process Engineer-Powertrain NPI-New Product Introduction
Company Profile: Our client is a world-class provider of engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy for the global automotive, transport, defence and energy industries. With a century of delivering value, they employ over 2,500 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide.
Job Location: West Sussex
Job Position: Senior Process Engineer - Powertrain NPI - New Product Introduction
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: As a Senior Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Processes and Procedures associated with assembly of engines from concept to series production.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of NPI and/or Process Engineering or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above, gained within the automotive sector.
- Knowledge of automotive technology and product development.
- Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Preferably experience with various manufacturing processes and components deployed in engine Assembly & Quality Gates (EOL Testing).
- Understanding off relevant manufacturing methods and detailed drawing dimensioning.
- Extensive Knowledge in manufacturing process and documentation including: DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, including relevant component inspection and standard work instructions process and procedures.
- Understanding in SQA including APQP and PPAP of components (Including ISO9000 & ISO14000 & IATFTS16949).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques.
- The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
- A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels.
- Flexibility to support regular travel to suppliers domestic & internationally and holder of a driving licence.
Job Description The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support New Product Introduction projects. This division specialises in delivering niche powertrain products to many premium brand customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their quality engineering experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment, producing world class products across a range of projects.
As a Senior Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Processes and Procedures associated with assembly of engines from concept to series production. Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects your key objectives will include:
- Design, development and maintenance of manufacturing processes for current and future Programmes.
- Development, implementation and operation of manufacturing processes documentation (DFA, DFM, Build Process, Process Control plan, PFMEA's, Risk Assessments/Safety Systems & Launch Readiness).
- Specification and design of equipment layouts and material flows
- Requisitioning (including specification, procurement, commissioning, installation and validation) of maintenance of new and modified tooling and equipment required for engine assembly to meet plant OEE and R&M targets for production.
- Support during Industrialisation the production team during Industrialisation phases to improve production quality and efficiency.
- Support during industrialisation the production line tooling, equipment and end of line to support manufacturing processes. [RJ1]
- Facilitation and achievement of Prototype builds in line with project delivery requirements, including early validation of production processes and tooling.
- Development of assembly work standards to support both Prototype phase and the transfer to HMI standard work instructions for Production.
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to deliver to cost, quality and delivery performance targets.
- To achieve quality standards in a series production environment.
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum depending on previous experience, plus benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83254665