My client is a rapidly expanding business within the financial services sector, looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team.
You will be involved in the maintenance and development of the Infrastructure, utilising tool sets to automatically manage and provision through code and working with multiple on premise and cloud base platform environments.
A broad range of technologies are supported including Azure, Java, .NET and Microsoft solutions
You will split your time between day-to-day maintenance of the existing networks, project work to update/upgrade/improve the infrastructure, and dealing with escalations from the support team.
Suitable candidates will be bright individuals with a track record of delivering infrastructure projects and support services to a high standard.
You will need to be able to work comfortably under your own initiative and are expected to contribute to the development of the team strategy and objectives.
- Pro-actively manage the network monitoring solutions.
- Support and management of both local and hosted infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of the team strategy and objectives
- 3rd line incident management, resolution and reporting
- Liaising with relevant third parties and internal teams
- 3 years' experience in an 3rd line infrastructure role
- Experience in deploying and administering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2+ topologies
- Administering Linux (Redhat)
- Proven experience in backup technologies and Disaster Recovery
- Security best practice awareness (ISO quality standards)
- Monitoring systems: PRTG, netflow, sFlow, packet tracing, etc.
- Networking knowledge including LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies covering routing and fault finding
- Supporting Server, SAN and storage hardware
- VMWare and Virtualization deployment and administration
- Configuration management
- Application monitoring Newrelic / Appinsight.
- Automating software deployments and Scripting including Powershell
- Cloud technologies and building/managing environments in the cloud. Primarily Azure
- Knowledge and experience with Checkpoint, Cisco and telephony
- Experience within the Finance industry
- Devops experience
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/83254172