Opportunity for an accurate and experienced Bookkeeper
Permanent - Full Time
£21,000 per annum
My client is looking for an independent, flexible and highly organised Bookkeeper to support their clients
As a bookkeeper you will be allocated a portfolio of clients to which you will be responsible for providing bookkeeping and VAT services to them on both a monthly and quarterly basis. You will be expected to maintain contact with your clients on a regular basis via email on the phone and in person, ensuring you can resolve any queries they may have.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application you must have strong experience of working as a bookkeeper, managing all ledgers and ideally completing VAT returns. Previous experience of using a computerised bookkeeping system is essential. The firm are looking for someone who is AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
The role will necessitate working as part of a team to ensure clients receive excellent service and you will report to managers on individual assignments, but you will need to be highly motivated and capable of working independently
You will be required to travel to some clients to undertake these duties.
- Undertaking bookkeeping and management accounts services for clients on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Preparing VAT returns/ Intrastat returns for clients for review by the manager
- Preparing client year end files up to trial balance for the accounts team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience of working in a professional office
- Experience of a number of accounting software packages is desirable but not essential
- AAT or similar accounting qualification is desirable but not essential
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Emma Lewis on 01792642042 for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83238097