Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer/Tester to join their team based in Bristol. Joining them on a full time, permanent basis, and in return you will receive a highly competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum and an excellent benefits package!
Our client develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Founded in 1996 with offices in Bristol, New York, Chicago and Salt Lake City, their payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably.
The Software Developer/Tester Role
Our client is looking for a developer with experience and interest in testing to join their Payment Solutions Team as a result of the company’s continued investment strategy in payments technology.
The Payment Solutions Team is responsible for our processor and acquirer integrations providing real time transaction connectivity for customers worldwide. It’s important that these integrations go through rigorous testing when changes are made and this is automated as much as possible.
The majority of this role will be concerned with the development of automated test cases, managing the framework for the execution of these and feedback to integration developers to support new integrations, customer requirements, internal feature requests and general enhancements.
Key responsibilities of their Software Developer/Tester
- Development of automated test cases in line with product enhancements, defect resolution and development tasks.
- Enhancing an execution framework to support automated test cases so that they can be triggered with an appropriate schedule.
- Execution of automated test cases with records being kept in suitable test management software.
- Creation of tickets for assignment to integration developers to resolve identified issues with suitable priorities.
Skills and experience required by their Software Developer/Tester
- Developing automated test cases from a variety of inputs:
- Integration developers
- Release objectives
- Issue reports
- Code changes
- Ticket resolutions
- Common development environment such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans etc.
- Common development language such as C#, Java, PHP etc.
- Using test management tools such as HP-QC, Zephyr etc.
- Using ticket management tools such as Jira, Trac etc.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of development and supplier contact
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Writing unit tests in common development language such as C#, Java, PHP.
- Standard SQL commands for selecting, inserting, updating, deleting etc.
- An understanding of Secure Programming Practices
- Version control in a multi-user environment (Subversion, Git, CVS ...)
Benefits of becoming their Software Developer/Tester
- 25 holiday days each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Great central BS1 location with one of the best views in Bristol!
They’re looking for creative and passionate people who share their vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then click ‘apply’ today to become their Software Developer/Tester!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/83240653