Bookkeeper / Management Accountant
Taylor Hawkes are currently working on behalf of a successful accountancy practice based in Welwyn Garden City, who are currently looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Management Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining clients bookkeeping and management accounts whilst sustaining positive client relations.
* Undertake bookkeeping, inputting data, for a variety of clients as allocated by the line manager.
* Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner.
* Adhere to proper accounting standards
* Meet deadlines and time budgets
* Advise line manager of any outstanding issues
* Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
* Able to prepare VAT summaries and Return.
* VAT Registration; De-registration etc.
* Able to understand the concept of PAYE for bookkeeping purposes
* Assist The Manager/Partner from time to time to collect information required in reply to HMRC enquiries
* Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
* Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the manager for review.
* Client Relations
* Develop and maintain good client relations
* Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
* Ensure a high level of service to meet clients' expectations
* Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
* 2 years bookkeeping experience
* Knowledge of a number accounting packages including Sage and Xero (preferably)
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Organised and methodical
* Client focussed
* Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets
For more information please contact Nathan Cutler, at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716645