Semi Senior / Management Accountant - Top 100 Firm
Taylor Hawkes are working with a modern, progressive firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers with offices in Surrey and Kent. The firm provide a full range of tax advisory and accountancy services plus audit, payroll and business coaching to a varied portfolio of clients based in London and the South East. Due to growth within the business, the firm are currently recruiting for a technical and client facing tax senior. The ideal candidate will have mixed tax experience, however, a strong personal tax professional with the desire to learn corporate, trust and partnership tax will be considered.
* Management of a portfolio of personal tax and business clients
* Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate tax returns
* Identifying tax risk/potential savings and providing client advice on tax-related problems - income/capital gains/inheritance/residential & domicile
* Management of HMRC investigations
* Building and developing good client relationships
* Responsible for the financial management of your portfolio including timely billing
* Liaison with other areas within the practice such as payroll, accounts and administrative support to coordinate delivery of related services
* Assist in the training, development and mentoring of team members
* Assist Managing Director with proposals and business development plans
What you will need to succeed
* ATT or CTA qualified/part qualified with a strong personal tax knowledge
* Developed level of technical knowledge plus a practical, commercial approach.
* Ability to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met while ensuring procedures are followed.
* Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written to allow effective communication with colleagues and clients.
* Self-motivated, proactive approach with the potential to lead and motivate a team
* Ability to work within a team, participating in open communication and contribution in meetings, supporting colleagues with a positive attitude and approach.
* Payroll knowledge advantageous
* Ability to grow personally and professionally in a flat structure.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960716654